Joining The Chamber
A study commissioned by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives with the support from Small Business Network, Inc. was undertaken to determine the real value to companies in terms of consumer outcomes of joining and being active in their local Chamber of Commerce. The Schapiro Group and Market Street Services completed the survey and interpreted the following from the data collected.
- Most consumers (59%) think that being active in the local Chamber is an effective business strategy overall. It is 29% more effective, however, for communicating to consumers that a company uses good business practices and 26% more effective for communicating that a business is reputable.
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in is local Chamber (i.e. sits on the Chamber Board), consumers are 12% more likely to think that it products stack up better against its competition.
- When a consumer thinks a company’s products stack up better against the competition because the company is highly involved in its local Chamber of Commerce, it is because her or she infers that the company is trustworthy, involved in the community, and is an industry leader.
- When consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the Chamber of Commerce, they are 40% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.
- When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of the Chamber of Commerce, they are 43% more likely to consider buying insurance from that company.
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the Chamber of Commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
- Small businesses represent the largest segment by number of most local Chamber membership rolls and the impact of a local Chamber membership on small businesses is more consistent and more powerful that for large, national corporations.
(Information taken from “The Real Value of Joining a Local Chamber of Commerce ~ A Research Study”.)
|Home Based Business (DSA Only)||$55|
|Businesses: 1-5 Employees||$85|
|Businesses: 6-15 Employees||$115|
|Businesses: 16-50 Employees||$140|
|Businesses: 51-100 Employees||$220|
|Businesses: 101+ Employees||$320|
Membership runs January 1 to December 31. Dues are 1/2 price after July 1 and pro-rated monthly, thereafter.
Deadline is December 30th to be included in the following year’s PRINTED Chamber Membership Directory. Businesses, organizations and individuals joining after the Membership Directory is printed will be included in a supplement to the printed Chamber Membership Directory.
The Chamber of Commerce creates the environment for you to meet people and gives you more customers or clients through:
- Business to Business Networking Events ~ the third Thursday of March, June, September & December (Additional B2B’s are added monthly as needed)
- Annual Banquets (Local or other towns)
- Weekly Newsletter ~ Membership News and Local Events
- Membership Decal for Display at your Business
- Special Events (Festivals, trade shows, seminars)
- Free Website link from the Chamber Website to your Business Website
- Affordable Advertising on the Chamber Website and Newsletters
- Ribbon Cuttings, Grand Opening’s and Anniversary’s
- Complimentary Wireless Internet and Faxing available
- Conference and Meeting Rooms available-call office for rates
- Complimentary beverages
- Women’s Mid-Day Marketing Luncheon and Legislative Luncheons
When the Chamber receives requests for information concerning businesses and professional services in Strasburg, Chamber members are referred. Your information is also included with visitor and relocation packet requests. The Chamber office receives many requests throughout the year. Information is also included in the Welcome Bags that Hometown Strasburg delivers to new home owners.
PUBLICITY AND EXPOSURE
Marketing is achieved through visibility and exposure. The Chamber can help make this happen with mailing lists, newsletters, business directories, Internet, and the visitor center. Bring us your business cards, menus, brochures, special promotions, etc. to display!
Our elected officials listen to the Chamber of Commerce. We are here to represent you at the Town Council, the County, and on State and Federal levels. A representative from Town Council attends our meetings.
Our Chamber is ready to offer programs for business owners and their employees such as customer service, marketing, time management, selling, and advertising. Let us know your needs, and we will work with you to find classes, seminars, etc. through local institutions or other Chambers. We will keep you informed of all training opportunities in the area.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP
Attend the Business to Business Networking Events.
- Attend Monthly Luncheons (Dates will be announced).
- Take advantage of your Chamber Benefits.
- Advertise on the Chamber website, which offers members an affordable advertising opportunity.
- Include upcoming events about your business in the Weekly Chamber newsletter.
- Join a Chamber committee. There are various committees that allow you to work directly with community leaders as well as be a leader yourself. These committees always welcome new members and are a great way to meet other members.
- Promote your business through numerous sponsorship opportunities at Mayfest, Oktoberfest and the Christmas Home for the Holidays including Business Open Houses.
- Visit our Strasburg Chamber of Commerce Facebook page for updates and information.
- Visit the chamber website frequently for updates and information.
- Visit our office or email us with questions, concerns or suggestions.
- Community Outreach/Scholarship
- Membership/Member Services
- Public Relations
- Social (Business to Business Networking & Annual Meeting)
- Special Events (Mayfest, Oktoberfest, & Christmas Home for the Holidays Celebration)
All Chamber Committees are headed by a Director from the Board but all Chamber members are encouraged to participate in any committees where they feel their expertise would be of value.
Help make your Chamber of Commerce what you would like it to be by volunteering your time on one of the above committees.
Call the Chamber office at (540) 465-3187 or email us at email@example.com to volunteer for any of the above committees.